Clothing review and fashion tips

Beauty...

Beauty...

Friday 25 June 2010

Twenty Fifth June, Two Thousand and Ten.

A lot to discuss in this post today. Well, only two major things really...
Firstly, something happy and exciting... I have finally finished my exams! I am done with school forver! Unless I don't get the grades I need for Roehampton, then I'm screwed. But, I'm not thinking like that. The exam was okay, I suppose, but this last week I have been breathing Spanish, so I'm having a little break from it. 

Michael Jackson

If you don't know what day it is today, then I, personally, am ashamed. Of course it is the anniversary of the death of the King of Pop. Yes, it has been a year to the day that I was in London for the first time ever (and now I'm going to be living there in September!) where we found out the dreaded, shocking and truly unbelievable news of MJ's death. It's true that I didn't believe it when a friend of mine received a text stating the horrible fact. 

A close friend of mine always says that the memory of MJ's death is my face the next morning watching the rerun of Jackson's videos on the news. Apparently, I looked like I was about to cry. The next day, I did. 

So, that was when he died. Since then, I have obtained the entire collection of his albums, admittedly not the various compilations of the top ten or top twenty, but I have every song he ever released. Also, my mum and dad bought me the classic 'This Is It' DVD that I (again admittedly) missed in the cinema. 

He has been so influencial in my life as an artist, that I got his song lyrics tattooed on my skin and I continually listen to his music every day. Most importantly, his song 'Keep the Faith' has been a mantra for my exams and it has calmed my nerves (just slightly) every time. For that, I thank him... for making a difference in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment