Clothing review and fashion tips

Beauty...

Beauty...

Friday 11 June 2010

Xtina is back!



I should be studying for my final exams next week and the week after but I have to comment about Christina Aguilera's new video.

There is a lot of debate on the youtube link arguing about whether Aguilera is a copycat of Gaga or vise-versa. Frankly, I think that neither are copying one another. It's true that there are similar qualities of the videos such as the lesbianism in 'Not Myself Tonight' and 'Paparazzi/LoveGame', however, it doesn't mean that they're copying one another. TaTu used to do the continual homosexual scenes for their music (apparently something to do with their manager wanting them to be lesbians) so who is to say that Gaga or Xtina haven't copied off them but on a larger scale as obviously they are much more popular than Tatu ever were.

In a word, this video is raunchy but I have to take my hat off to Miss Aguilera as she is now a mother. Some people are saying that she shouldn't be doing this type of thing now that she's a mother but I think that is wrong. She should be able to do what she likes as if she were still a single woman. This shows her independance as a performer and I, for one, am glad that she's pushing the bounderies because isn't that what music and performance is all about?

No comments:

Post a Comment