Clothing review and fashion tips

Beauty...

Beauty...

Wednesday 10 March 2010

We Are The World 25 For Haiti

I first heard this song and watched it also, last week before leaving my house for school. It made me leave a bit later than usual for the thirty minute walk, but, it was worth it!

So, I switch the channel to Viva and I see the logo for the song... it took me a while even then to click on to that it was a song by Michael Jackson originally! Shameful I know, being the obsessed fan and all. So, all these massive singers on this song for Haiti and they sing it pretty amazingly if I say so myself! I didn't actually sit down; I was in so much awe of these people and this song and then... Michael Jackson came onto the screen, the original footage of when he released his video for We Are The World. Well, I was already emotional and that just set me off to tears! I could not stop crying over the song and his death and the people in Haiti!! An emotional wreck was what I was and I had to then walk to school with tears in my eyes and the wind made it worse!!

When the song first went into the rap towards the end, my gut reaction was 'What the hell are you doing to this song?!!!! You've ruined it!!' but then I got used to it and realising that Will.i.am was a part of that production, I began to like it, then love it!

In comparison to our Brits effort of a Haiti charity song, America wins hands down! My opinion is biased of course towards the fact that MJ is in the American single, therefore, it raced passed the finish line before Britain had crossed the half way point of the track. I still love 'Everybody Hurts' though... it made me emotional.

No comments:

Post a Comment